At the beginning of services, Skilled Nurses will observe and assess a newly diagnosed condition or the exacerbation of an existing condition for the patient. The assessment results will determine the patient’s need for home health care and the extent of care required to preserve his or her wellness at home.
Skilled Nursing Services will cover:
- Administer vitamin B12, insulin and other IM/Subq
- Administration of injections
- Bladder instillation
- Bowel/bladder training
- Foley insertion
- IV Therapy
- Management and evaluation of a patient care plan
- Open wound care/dressing
- Ostomy care
- Teach diabetic care
- Teaching care of in-dwelling Foley Catheter
- Wound care/dressing-closed incision suture line
If you or a family member has been recommended by the physician to receive skilled nursing, please call 800-566-0024 to make a request.